Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Forget-Me-Nots

I have been attempting to start a blog for the last several years. As a fashion enthusiast (and now a fashion student) I recognize the importance of blogs in the fashion industry. Reading blogs has become an important part of my daily life. I love reading blogs and being inspired by the lives of others. In today's interconnected society I think blogs allow us to connect with each other and share similar interests. Blogs help us to see that we are not alone in our journeys. 


So after graduating for the University of Oklahoma 3 weeks ago and moving home to sunny Southern California, I decided it was finally the right time to start a blog. Although the main focus of this blog will be fashion, it will also chronicle my journey from college sorority girl to fashion industry career woman. I'll share my love of all things California, which includes my obsession with baseball (Go Yankees!). Although I am a big city California girl at heart, spending four years in Oklahoma has definitely left its mark on me. I am known to say "y'all", will occasionally slip and call the freeway the highway, and I believe there is nothing better than college football season (Boomer Sooner!). 


My love for the University of Oklahoma is intertwined with my love for my sorority Alpha Phi. I fully embrace the "not four years, for life" philosophy, and although I am no longer an active collegian I am a very proud Alpha Phi alum. Alpha Phi is also the inspiration of the title of my blog. Forget-Me-Nots are Alpha Phi's flower and I have loved them since day one of my Alpha Phi Journey. I think they symbolize everlasting friendship and the idea that no matter how far we travel on our paths the people we meet along the way never truly leave us. 


For now I leave you with a few of my favorite things.


The two people in the fashion Industry that inspire me the most are Coco Channel and Rachel Zoe. I admire their love for fashion and ability to push the limits. To me the are the perfect example of strong, powerful women who make their own way in their industry of choice. 

Huntington Beach, California is perhaps one of my favorite places in this world. To be it symbolizes all that is good in California.

Baseball season is my favorite part of summer. There is nothing better than sitting at game with an ice cold beer and great friends. The way the summer sun hits the green grass of a baseball field is a thing of beauty in my opinion. I am an absolute die hard New York Yankees fan. Unfortunately I live on the other side of the country and am forced to enjoy baseball at Angel Stadium. I am not an Angel fan but Angel stadium has definitely become home to me over the years. 

The University of Oklahoma will always have my heart. I definitely "left my heart in Oklahoma" 

And of course Forget-Me-Nots 

Follow me on Twitter @RyenNicole13 and on Pinterest http://pinterest.com/ryen/

No comments:

Post a Comment